Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Introduction

I've started this blog at a crucial time in our country's history. Gone are the Republicans of Lincoln, Goldwater and Rockefeller. Now we are represented by the likes of Michelle Bachmann, Sarah Palin, Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum and Glenn Beck.

It disgusts me to see the party that I grew up with, identified with, and shared beliefs with hijacked by the religious fundamentalists, homophobes, Birthers, and those that espouse small government but turn around and advocate that the government has the right to tell you what to do with your own body, what you can and cannot ingest, and who you can and cannot be married to.

It's time to take back our Party, pragmatic Republicans. We may not agree with everything that Democrats do, say, or preach, but let's be civil about it. The shrill harpies that dominate the news coverage with every tweet, every Facebook post, and every two minute segment on Fox News have got to understand that we won't take it anymore.

It's my goal with this blog to follow the 2012 Presidential election and highlight the ridiculousness of the modern GOP. I'll try to do so with tact, facts, their own damning words.

With that said, sit back, strap in, and enjoy the ride. November 2012 is going to be a watershed moment for the Republican Party. Will we allow it to be ransacked by the TEA Party fringe, or will we refuse to allow ourselves to drop deeper into insanity?

1 comment:

  1. Allow me to be the first to comment on this. After seeing first hand what were dealing, its a scary world out there in republican land. Not only has the party lost sight of its views, but what the party was founded on in the first place.

    I know exactly how you feel. I grew up in the south and midwest my entire life. I would say Pre Ronald Reagan was the last time i would identify with the republican party. EVEN though, when i registered to vote, i chose republican. Simply based on what the party was founded on. Smaller government and less taxes. The sad truth is this....::Follow me to Paragraph 3::

    I dont not know how much of this we can actually blame on the media, But i would say as long as there is a fox news or a CNN spouting extreme left or right and muddying the waters with non relevent issues, keeping the american people from making up their own minds, then all hope is certainly lost for our party. The front runner for this party right now is Mit Romney, and he couldnt relate to the common man, just like he couldnt back in 2008 when he tried comparing going to the grocery store to buying 3000 dollar italian suits. THEYVE LOST TOUCH CHRIS!!!!

    I'll take my answer off the air please

    Mr. Pratt

    ReplyDelete